In this sermon, we considered a very short, seemingly insignificant part of the captivating story found in the book of Esther. We read that:
- two men were privately talking about bringing harm to the king,
- this information was reported to the king,
- the matter was investigated,
- the men were found guilty,
- and then they were executed.
So, as I looked at this event, I couldn’t help but realize that it created an opportunity to look at the concept of government from a Christian worldview. We answered the following questions:
- Does the Christian worldview recognize governmental authority?
- Does the Christian worldview believe that a government has the right to administer justice to those who had broken the laws of the land?
To view the post that I referred to at the end of this sermon, simply click on the following link: “On Loving and Killing Our Enemies”
You can download my sermon notes by clicking this link: “God, Government, & Justice” (Esther 2:19-23)
(If this post is helpful to you, consider leaving a comment and using one of the buttons below to share it in your social media circle. Thanks!)