“Javier” in the movie “COURAGEOUS”
While I am having the time of my life preparing for Robert Amaya’s fatherhood conference on Saturday, January 14th, I am eating and sleeping the organization of this event! But after it is over, I will have weeks and months to look in the rear view mirror with joy at the fact that God used me and many others to impact fathers for Christ.
This Saturday is going to be incredible! Robert Amaya, who played a humble, godly father in the movie “COURAGEOUS” is going to be at First Baptist to talk about ‘Courageous Fatherhood.’
Here is some of the relevant information if you plan to attend:
- There will be some folks to assist you in parking. After the parking lot fills, you will be guided to park on the grass. Some men with orange vests will be in the parking lot to assist you.
- All of the free tickets are gone. That means that the Sanctuary is essentially filled (400+). There may be a few seats left. However, those without tickets cannot claim them until 5:50pm and they will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- We are preparing an overflow room in the Fellowship Hall, adjacent to the Sanctuary. It will seat about 200 folks and has a great speaker system with an 8′ x 8′ screen to watch the events in the Sanctuary. Those without tickets can begin claiming seats in the Fellowship Hall at any time.
- Beginning at around 5:10, there will be video clips on the screen and music to keep you entertained.
- At 6pm, Robert will speak on “Courageous Fatherhood.”
- I’ve asked Robert if he could conclude his message by leading the men who are willing and able through the Resolution that played a vital part in “COURAGEOUS.”
- After that, we’ll take a love offering and have a fun, relaxed Q&A with him.