3 Minute Read
TODAY’S BIBLE READING:
1 Chronicles 22:1–23:32
TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE(S):
Proverbs 19:14 (CSB) “A house and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.”
REFLECTIONS ON TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE(S):
One habit I have engaged in since my boys were born has been praying for their future wives. When I first started, my boys were so young that I suspected that my future daughters-in-law might not even be born yet. So, I prayed for their parents.
I realize that if each of my boys are to be blessed with a wonderful wife, it will be because she is “from the Lord.”
So, parents and grandparents, pray for your child’s future spouse.
Need some help in knowing what to pray? Here are some ideas…
- Pray that their parents will raise them up in a godly home. Or, if not a godly home, then that your future -in-law will learn to love and trust the Lord in whatever setting they are in.
- Pray for them to be saved at an early age.
- Pray for them to find a healthy church in which they can grow and serve.
- Pray for them to guard their heart from all of the world’s temptations.
- Pray for them to desire a godly spouse.
- Etc., etc., etc.
When the day comes for each of my sons to get married, I’m looking forward to pulling each of my new daughters-in-law aside to tell them: “I’ve been praying for you for years.”