2 Minute Read + Scripture readings
TODAY’S BIBLE READING:
1 Thessalonians 4:1–5:3
TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE(S):
Jeremiah 17:5, 7 (CSB): “This is what the Lord says: Cursed is the person who trusts in mankind. He makes human flesh his strength, and his heart turns from the Lord. … The person who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence indeed is the Lord, is blessed.”
REFLECTIONS ON TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE(S):
Over and over in Scripture, we see God essentially asking people one thing: “Do you trust me?”
- Adam and Eve needed to trust God when He told them not to eat of the forbidden fruit.
- Noah needed to trust God regarding a worldwide flood that had never happened before.
- Abraham needed to trust God when he was commanded to leave his home in Ur to travel to a land that God would tell him of.
- Peter needed to trust the Lord when he stepped out of the boat onto the water.
- Thomas needed to trust that the Lord Jesus had really been resurrected.
On and on we could go with stories of trust found on the pages of Scripture. Over and over and over in Scripture, we see that God wants us to trust Him.
- Because trusting Him reveals how wonderful of a God He is.
- Because trusting Him relieves much of our stress and worry.
- Because trusting Him gives credibility to our faith as an unbelieving world watches.
- Because He is worthy of our trust.
Friend, do you trust God? Are you trusting Him with whatever is going on in your life right now? Have you trusted in Jesus to save you?
If not, why not?